Tweet*Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, July 12, 2008

    new improved latest version of me

    ...got new jeans, got new self esteem...all i wanted was to be happy.- new improved, Treaty Of Paris
    i never understood that song until tonight. Tonight i realized that i am honestly happy and comfortable with who i am. I know where i want to go in life, and i realized that my friends who dont care where i go and still love me for me, and that im finally growing into myself, are the ones who are worth my time.
    I can say that i fit in somewhere finally. I never used to feel like i belonged anywhere, and now i know i do.
    I found myself through music, and everything about it, with the help of a friend that deserves a title better than 'best' and possibly more like 'golden', or 'sister', or 'life saver'??
    but an old friend, someone who just doesnt seem to see my happiness, and only their own, and just doesnt get it, bashes me for "who i have become"
    they dont like that i have chosen to act more like myself.
    god forbid we are individuals! someone stop the next person who acts out! Put an end to those going against the grain!!!
    how do you say to someone: i have only become myself, this is me, im through with hiding behind the plastic molds of stereotype forcing me to fit in, i dont care what they think, ive got new friends who understand- and you arent one of them.
    its a hard balancing act- let me tell you.
    and yes. i am at the age of finding yourself.
    and lets all be honest while im saying this, ive never been normal, ive never totally fit in, im still a little awkward. but instead of hiding from it, im embracing it. and here it all is for everyone to see: my insecurities
    im new, im improved, i am finally myself.
    so like it or leave it.
    ill know who is worth it in the end.
    because i know i finally am.
    (ill just leave you with this)--> you have to love yourself before you can love others

    No comments: