Tweet*Tweet

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 22, 2008

    Graduate, Paper Chase

    as i find more, i'll probably repost this.
    this is just a reminder for myself actually
    ___________________________________

    Please stand by
    We've come so far
    four years we survived
    The ride that turned us inside out

    Repeat after me
    Just scream and shout
    It was the best of times
    From broken homes and battle scars
    To where we are

    Graduate
    Paperchase
    We'll get out of this place
    Don't turn around
    hit the highway pour some liquor out for this town

    Now that's all for us
    It's last call drink up

    Roll it out
    It's over now
    We're the castouts
    With messed up friends
    Who never did fit in

    Don't care where it ends
    Doesn't matter now
    Long as we're as one
    We'll take the next bus
    Destination: setting sun


    ++++++++

    What a catch
    I will never end up like him
    Behind my back, I already am
    Keep a calendar
    This way you will always know

    I got troubled thoughts
    And the self-esteem to match
    What a catch, what a catch
    And all I can think of
    Is the way I'm the one
    Who charmed the one
    Who gave up on you
    Who gave up on you


    Where is your boy tonight?
    I hope he is a gentleman
    Maybe he won't find out what I know
    You were the last good thing
    We're going down, down in an earlier round
    And sugar, we're goin' down swinging
    Dance, dance, we're falling apart to halftime
    Dance, dance, and these are the lives you'd love to lead
    Dance, this is the way they'd love
    If they knew how misery loved me
    This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn arms race
    This ain't a scene, it's a goddamn arms race
    One night and one more time
    Thanks for the memories
    Even though they weren't so great
    He tastes like you, only sweeter
    Growing up, growing up

    I got troubled thoughts
    And the self-esteem to match
    What a catch, what a catch

    No comments: